[En-Nut-Discussion] server/client optimazation

Patrick Stadelmann Patrick.Stadelmann at unine.ch
Mon Oct 11 11:53:43 CEST 2004

Hi,

>     The connection all right, server and client "talks" fluently,
>     however, the speed not so satisfyied. *Is that a way to reallocated
>     the internal memory(buffer) size in PC?* Though some studies, get to
>     know that the PC will only start to process data when the buffer
>     size reach certain amount of data.

I'm using the same setup and getting approx. 300 KB/sec and 400 commands/sec.
I'm using the telnet server provided with Ethernut, and a simple telnet client
based on WinSock on the PC.

I did raise both TCP_MAXSEG and SO_SNDBUF to 1460, as explained in
"Improve TCP/IP speed" on "En-Nut-Discussion" mailing list
(posted by O. Schulz, 2004-01-27).

IIRC, nothing special was done on the PC code.

Patrick
--
Patrick Stadelmann <Patrick.Stadelmann at unine.ch>