[En-Nut-Discussion] bank memory or dataflash

Alexander Baranov baranov at intech21.com
Wed Oct 13 23:19:35 CEST 2004

Hi, all
I have an application, in which Ethernut constantly receives packets from RS485 and sends them to server as http-requests. Now my customer requires to store the packets into some temporary memory buffer. The calculated memory amount is about 300Kbytes. So,
1. I can use banked memory but could anybody point me any reference or example (possibly not MP3) where it is shown how to write and read from it? Is it NutSegBufWriteCommit  NutSegBufReadCommit ?  Should I create a stream or device for it?
2. I can use embedded dataflash, but 100000 possible write cycles discourages me. Am I right that the dataflash cannot be use for intense write operation?
Advise, please.
Regards, Alexander.