[En-Nut-Discussion] Major memory mapping changes?

Radek Podgorny radek at podgorny.cz
Mon Oct 25 17:05:54 CEST 2004

Hi,

it may have seemed that I've died but I was just investigating the problem
deeper... :-)

Here's what I found, quite interesting:
1. The 0xD000 is crippled in the same way as 0xE000. Haven't tried other
offsets but I suppose it would be the same.
2. When reading the bytes back, I get all ones except for the following
bytes. 3,5,6,7,9,... This means that only bytes 0,1,2,4,8,... are
crippled. Is it just a coincidence?
3. Even on the bad bytes, I sometimes get the correct value (very rare and
it stays there for just a few millisecs. until it's overwritten by 1)
4. The CPLD picture you posted, look at the top right hand part at the AND
with A14 and A15 on inputs and SRAMCS on outputs. Does this mean that
address bits 14 and 15 have to be set to read from the banked memory? If
so, then it's not mapped to 0x8000 but to 0xC000. This seems weird as the
NIC (mapped to 0xC000 works fine).

I hope this somehow helps to solve my problems. Anyway, there can also be
some errors in our own additional circuitry (not too complex thou) but
it's strange it works perfectly with Ethernut 1.3. Are you sure there
wasn't any change about timing or stuff...?

Thanks in advance...
Radek Podgorny