[En-Nut-Discussion] met problems in PPPC

xu hui cattyhui at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 03:37:31 CEST 2004

I'm a new one in using nut/os. Here I met problems, appreciate if someone
could help me.

1./*
   * The Nut/OS modem chat utility works similar to the the UNIX
   * chat script. This one is used to connect to a Windows PC
   * using a direct cable.
   */
  #define PPPCHAT     "TIMEOUT 2 '' CLIENT\\c CLIENTSERVER"

What's the meaning of "using a direct cable"?
I connect the windows PC and the board using  a serial-port cable, is that
right?  Then I set the Windows as a PPP server. But the program doesn't
work rightly, It just print out "CLIENT" in the hyperTerminal every two
minutes.
Doesn't the Windows understand this chat script, or some other reasons?
Could the Windows PC used as a modem for ethernut board?

2. #define DBGCOM      "uart1"     /* Device name. */
    freopen("uart1", "w", stdout);

  It sets uart1 as stdout. And now which one is stdout? If I call function
like "printf", where the information print out to, where could I see the
infomation I defined in program?

Look forwaed to answers.
Thanks a lot!

Xu Hui