[En-Nut-Discussion] UART: Broken output buffers with RTS/CTS handshake

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Fri Sep 17 12:02:44 CEST 2004

Hi all,

as I just mentioned yesterday it seems the CTS sensing code in
usartavr.c seems not to work properly.

If the host enables CTS, the board stops sending. Don't know if this
works correct or if some bytes are send too much, but for my first
impression this seems to be ok.

When the host disables CTS again the board goes on sending data. So far
so good, but at this point the output buffer (the datapointers?) seems
to become corrupted. Sometimes data from the output buffer is missing,
sometimes data will not be send in the correct order. From this time on
also newly send data will became corrupted.

I think the datapointers in the buffer became corrupted... Do we perhaps
need any "NutEnterCritical" at some point?

Does anybody has an idea?

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19