[En-Nut-Discussion] stream device on UDP

Ralf Spettel r.spettel at raumcomputer.com
Mon Sep 20 15:22:38 CEST 2004

Hi, I want to use the printf functions on an UDP connection an I use this
(pseudo) code:

UDPSOCKET* syslogsock;
         syslog_connected=false;

         if ( (syslogsock = NutUdpCreateSocket( 0 )) == 0)
         {
                 DebugMsg(DSRC, PSTR( "syslog sock error\r\n>"));
         }
         else
         {
                 if ((stream_syslog = _fdopen( (int)syslogsock, "wb")) == 0)
             {
                 DebugMsg(DSRC,  PSTR("Error: syslog sock create\r\n"));
             }
             else
             {
                 syslog_connected=true;
                 fprintf_P(stream_syslog, PSTR("Hello"));
             }
         }

But the code has a runtime error...
Its generaly possible to use an stream device on UDP ?

thx ralf