[En-Nut-Discussion] Using the ATmega128 EEPROM for storing user data.

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Sep 21 13:18:29 CEST 2004

Hi,

At 11:37 21.09.2004 +0200, Ole wrote:

>Have a look to the avr-libc user manual (if you'r using avr-gcc).

>Using the routines drscribed in the manual. For ICC I'm sorry, I don't
>know.

It's somehow funny, that this kind of question appears quite
often. Developers expect everything being handled by Nut/OS
and ignore the clibs.

Possibly some confusion results from the fact, that Nut/OS
overwrites several clib routines like stdio and heap.

For portability it might be a good idea to replace routines
like EEPROM read/write by Nut/OS functions, though.

>You should be save to start at 0x0200. But AFAIK also the range below is
>mostly unused.

Btw. the Configurator setting is ignored. :-(