[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut Microchip PIC port

Ake Hedman akhe at eurosource.se
Mon Apr 11 12:09:49 CEST 2005

Matthias

I was thinking of the PIC18F8621 which have external memory interface.
But I would have loved if it was possible on a PIC18F6621 which has 64K
flash and 3840 SRAM. The SBC65EC
(http://www.modtronix.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_36&products_id=149)
from Modtronix would have been nice as a EtherNut candidate as the card
is just EUR 47.

How much RAM is needed as a minimum by EtherNut?

I will use this card in for a couple of open projects for SOHO
automation (http.//www.vscp.org) and now use the Microchip TCP/IP stack
but would prefere an open alternative so the work we in the VSCP project
do comes to the open source communities benefits.

Cheers
/Ake