[En-Nut-Discussion] Sony Ericsson MUX protocol

Brett Abbott Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
Thu Apr 14 11:01:38 CEST 2005

Matej

This would be useful.

There is another easier option...

Most cellular modems have the ability to switch in and out of command
mode (to issue AT commands) using the DTR signal.  If youre not using it
for hanging up, you can initialise the modem prior to dialling to
support this option.

When you need to issue commands, you can pause PPP, lower DTR, issue
your command, return DTR and then resume PPP.  To get PPP paused in
earlier versions of NutOS, you use the ppp_hackup flag.  In latest
version you need to make a mod which does the same thing.  Im expecting
to implement this shortly by way of  issuing a _ioctl command (unless
someone has already done it?)

Cheers
Brett