[En-Nut-Discussion] newbee problem - changing of IP

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Apr 21 18:20:31 CEST 2005

Hi Andrzej,

in the current httpserv.c NutDhcpIfConfig() is called first.
Only if this fails, MYIP will be used. But NutDhcpIfConfig()
will _not_ fail, if

- A DHCP server is running in your network (probably not, because
   of the weird IP)
- An IP is already stored in the ATmega128 EEPROM

You can use Basemon to change the EEPROM setting. Or run
AVRStudio and disable the "Preserve EEPROM Fuse". In that
case the EEPROM contents will be cleared whenever you
erase the device (during programming).

Even for Charon II Users the
http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/enswm21e.pdf
is quite helpful. See page 33.