[En-Nut-Discussion] Question about /dev/arch/arm/ax88796.c

Emerick Rogul emerick at cs.bu.edu
Wed Aug 3 14:16:10 CEST 2005

Hello,

In the NicPutPacket() function in ax88796.c, there's a piece of
code at the beginning of the function that stops and starts the chip.
The comment here says "Fix problem after power on."  Does anyone know
what this problem is or have any details they could elaborate on?
The reason I ask is that I'm using the AX88796 Ethernet chip for another
project I'm working on and I've noticed that I need to do the same thing.
Is it a flaw in the chip?  If anyone has any details on this, I would
appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Emerick Rogul
emerick at cs.bu.edu