[En-Nut-Discussion] Generals Questions About Ethernut

Andreas Longin Andreas.Longin at fhtw-berlin.de
Tue Aug 9 10:13:12 CEST 2005

Hello Everyone ( and..respectivly Harald),
I'm finishing my diploma and have a hard time writing some "near future"
thoughts. Maybe someone on this mailinglist can help me with that.
My first thought was about security. I mentioned SSL-Encryption but with
no clue about the perfomance question. So
does anyone know anything about a Atmega128 performing SSL communication
while simultaneously performing other actions (especially doing network
related "things" or reading writing ports n stuff) and if not will the
AT91R40008 (EN3) be sufficient ????
My second question is about evaluating the Ethernut-solution as a future
plattform.
Are there any infos about the power comsumption of the EN3-Board ?? I'm
especially thinking about Power over Ethernet - wich was one of the
(many :o) ) main reasons to choose Ethernut in the first way.

Thanks  in advance

Andreas