[En-Nut-Discussion] Installationproblems on Debian

George Ruinelli george at ruinelli.ch
Tue Aug 9 11:43:45 CEST 2005

Thank you for the link, i didnt see this site some weeks ago.
I replayed all steps for a full installation.

I dont know, why wxWidgets uses other librarys than on your try.
(See my LOG on bottom)
But I mean, this shouldn't be a problem.

I found also a misstake:
On the samples for the wxWidgets you have to
cd ../samples instead cd sample!

But althoug, the make for the samples didn't work:
>make
make: *** Keine Targets angegeben und keine »make«-Steuerdatei gefunden.
Schluss.

I didn't compile myself Lua, Doxygen and GraphViz, because it looks like they
are in correct versions.
Or have i to do this also? (I couldn't see why)

So, after compiling ethernut 3.9.8, you can see below the list of files in
my /usr/local/bin.
crurom ist there, but nutconfigure and nutconf are still missed!

If you like, I could send also the messages from compiling ethernut, but I
didnt see an error in it.

I hope you could see my problem, and nevertheless, thank you for your help
George

>ls /usr/local/bin/
al                       identify                          secutil.exe
al.exe                   IglooFTP-PRO                      setreg
animate                  ilasm                             setreg.exe
apache-start.bash        ilasm.exe                         signcode
capi-isdnconf.bash       import                            signcode.exe
cdparanoia.fake          inkscape                          sn
cert2spc                 inkview                           sn.exe
cert2spc.exe             install-chkrootkit-local.sh       soapsuds
certmgr                  install-f-prot-local.sh           soapsuds.exe
certmgr.exe              install-kernel-source-vanilla.sh  somaplayer
chktrust                 install-nvidia-debian.sh
somaplayer_controller
chktrust.exe             install-radeon-debian.sh
speedtouch-pppoatmconf.bash
cilc                     install-xmbmon.sh
speedtouch-pppoeconf.bash
cilc.exe                 ipseclog                          splayer
cisco_cert_mgr           kanotix-irc.sh                    sqlsharp
compare                  lame.fake                         sqlsharp.exe
composite                Magick-config                     uninstaller
compupic                 Magick++-config
update-scripts-kanotix.sh
conjure                  makecert                          vpnclient
convert                  MakeCert.exe                      Wand-config
crunch                   make-qt-deb.sh                    wcmd
crurom                   masquerade.sh                     wepkey
cvpnd                    matlab                            widl
dbus-cleanup-sockets     mbas                              wine
dbus-daemon-1            mcs                               wineboot
dbus-glib-tool           mex                               winebrowser
dbus-launch              mint                              winebuild
dbus-monitor             mogrify                           winecfg
dbus-send                mono                              wineconsole
dbus-viewer              monodis                           winecpp
detect-fc.bash           mono-find-provides                winedbg
detect-ltmodem.sh        mono-find-provides.exe            winedump
devmap_mknod.sh          mono-find-requires                winefile
disco                    mono-find-requires.exe            wineg++
disco.exe                monograph                         winegcc
display                  monop                             wine-kthread
dvb-nexus                monop.exe                         winelauncher
dvb-pctvsat              monoresgen                        winemaker
eagle-pppoeconf.bash     monoresgen.exe                    winemine
fcdsl-pppoeconf.bash     montage                           winepath
fix-5b-mouse.sh          msiexec                           wineprefixcreate
fix-dpi-kdm.bash         my-pppconf.bash                   wine-preloader
fix-dvb-old.sh           my-pppoeconf.bash                 wine-pthread
fix-dvb.sh               notepad                           wineserver
fix-motd.sh              pedump                            wineshelllink
fix-ssh.sh               progman                           winhelp
fix-time.sh              qcset                             wmc
fix-xv-local.bash        regedit                           wrc
function_grep.pl         regsvr32                          wsdl
gacutil                  remove-bad-links.sh               wsdl.exe
gacutil.exe              remove-gateway.sh                 wx-config
genxs                    remove-orphans.sh                 wxrc
genxs.exe                resgen                            wxrc-2.6
get-resume-partition.sh  sds                               xi
gmcs                     sdsdsp                            xsd
gsds                     sdsvumeter                        xsd.exe
gsplayer                 secutil

Below you can see my LOG-notes:
--------------------------------
>gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.6 (Debian 1:3.3.6-7)

>g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 3.3.6 (Debian 1:3.3.6-7)

>autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59

>automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6

>apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev
libgtk2.0-dev ist schon die neueste Version.
0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 7 nicht aktualisiert.

wxGTK-2.6.1:
>../configure --disable-shared
Configured wxWidgets 2.6.1 for `i686-pc-linux-gnu'

  Which GUI toolkit should wxWidgets use?                 GTK+ 2
  Should wxWidgets be compiled into single library?       no
  Should wxWidgets be compiled in debug mode?             no
  Should wxWidgets be linked as a shared library?         no
  Should wxWidgets be compiled in Unicode mode?           no
  What level of wxWidgets compatibility should be enabled?
                                       wxWidgets 2.2      no
                                       wxWidgets 2.4      yes
  Which libraries should wxWidgets use?
                                       jpeg               sys
                                       png                sys
                                       regex              sys
                                       tiff               sys
                                       zlib               sys
                                       odbc               no
                                       expat              sys
                                       libmspack          no
                                       sdl                no
                                       gnomeprint         no

>make
(no errors)
make[1]: Leaving directory `/temp/wxGTK-2.6.1/build/utils/wxrc'

>make install
...The installation of wxWidgets is finished...

Misstakes on the samples:
cd ../samples instead cd sample!

>make
make: *** Keine Targets angegeben und keine »make«-Steuerdatei gefunden.
Schluss.

=> no executable penguin build.