[En-Nut-Discussion] Installationproblems on Debian

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Aug 9 18:04:50 CEST 2005

Hi George,

At 11:43 09.08.2005 +0200, you wrote:

>I dont know, why wxWidgets uses other librarys than on your try.
>(See my LOG on bottom)
>But I mean, this shouldn't be a problem.

Agreed.

>I found also a misstake:
>On the samples for the wxWidgets you have to
>cd ../samples instead cd sample!
>
>But althoug, the make for the samples didn't work:
> >make
>make: *** Keine Targets angegeben und keine »make«-Steuerdatei gefunden.
>Schluss.

OK, you caught me. I didn't try that myself but grabbed
it form somewhere else and added it to make sure, that
people don't start asking questions about wxWidgets in
the Ethernut mailing list until they got any wxWidgets
sample running first. This seems to have failed. :-)

>So, after compiling ethernut 3.9.8, you can see below the list of files in
>my /usr/local/bin.
>crurom ist there, but nutconfigure and nutconf are still missed!

The configure script tries to locate known lua and wxWidgets libraries.
If it can't find these, it will exclude nutconf (no wxWidgets) or
nutconf and nutconfigure (no Lua) from the build. My assumption is,
that your lua libs are different and not detected by the Ethernut
configurations. That's a really miserable part. Lua comes without
autoconfiguration and each package maintainer seems to make his
own decisions about names and install locations.

I'd suggest to build Lua from the sources as described at
http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/debiansage.html

Then carefully watch the output provided by Ethernut's ./configure
script.