[En-Nut-Discussion] Emulator in linux

Matthias Ringwald mringwal at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 16 18:43:50 CEST 2005

Hi George

there is the option to compile nut/os and its app for a generic unix/
posix target.
most kernel features as events, timers, threads, etc.. are supported.
in the emulation the debug/uart/usart drivers can directly mapped to a
serial port of your choice or to a tcp socket connection.
so far the most prominent use of the emulator is/was the development
of our BTnut Bluetooth Stack (btnode.ethz.ch) which was initially done
on a linux machine before we even had the hardware to test it.
with the emulation you can actually single step you app using gdb.. :)

but the emulation didn't receive much care recently but should still
work.
besides me, Ole is using it on a regular basis.

ciao,
  matthias ringwald