[En-Nut-Discussion] Watchdog/Idle thread issues again

Ulrich Hertlein ulrich.hertlein at artcom.de
Wed Dec 7 15:11:05 CET 2005

Alexander Baranov wrote:
> Hi, I'm afraid that I haven't understand your application but I had similar
> hang-up problem. I use interrupt from Timer 3 to restart external wdt and to
> increment some TIMEOUT long variable while main thread zeroes it. If the
> TIMEOUT grows to some predefined value ( i.e. main thread fails to reset it)
> I do not restart  wdt in interrupt routine. Thus the reset timeout may be
> extended to dozens seconds.

I'm doing basically the same thing except that I decrement a counter to
zero and issue a reset when it reaches 0.

I believe the trick is to use a timer instead of a thread? Are timers
independent of the cooperative multi-tasking framework i.e. are they
called even when some thread is blocking?

/ulrich

--
Ulrich Hertlein | Software Development

ART+COM AG
Kleiststr. 23-26 | 10787 Berlin | Germany

phone: +49.30.21001-433
fax: +49.30.21001-555
http://www.artcom.de