[En-Nut-Discussion] Debug into NUTOS Source with AVRSTUDIO

Matthias Dyer dyer at tik.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 8 13:32:35 CET 2005

Joachim Skale wrote:
> is it possible to debug into the NUTOS Sources with AVRSTUDIO ?
> i've tried the rebuild the NUTOS with GCC DEBUG INFO, but i cant set a Breakpoint i a NUTOS Source File.

You mean with the AVRstudio Simulator? Then you have to compile with the
-gdwarf-2 flag and load the elf file.

I managed to step through the os-code for a while, but sometimes it gets
trapped in one of the interrupt routines...

Not reliable....

Or do you want to run the code on your device? Or on a emulator? You
would need a JTAG box or one of the ICE emulators...

Matthias

Matthias Dyer                    phone: +41-1-6327061
Gloriastr. 35, ETZ G-75,         fax:   +41-1-6321035
CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland      email: dyer at tik.ee.ethz.ch

Computer Engineering and Networks Lab (TIK)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zuerich