[En-Nut-Discussion] Non-Volatile user data

Matthias Ringwald mringwal at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Dec 9 15:50:21 CET 2005

Hi Richard,

the main point of your problem would be to detect a new start from a
reboot.
one simple solution might be to reserve some bytes somewhere, e.g. by
reducing
the availabe SRAM and then check on program start if some magic
string is stored
there, which never will happen is you just provided power to your board.

if you reduce the available SRAM available to Nut/OS they will be safe.

matthias

On 04.12.2005, at 18:08, Kowalsky, Richard wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I have a custom ATMEGA-128 board I am using with 64K of external
> battery backed up RAM attached and Ethernut 3.9.8.
>
> In my application I have a lot of variables that hold user data.
> For example, in my main source file I declare global space for user
> specified analog alarm limits and messages as shown:
..