[En-Nut-Discussion] (no subject)

Vesa Jääskeläinen chaac at nic.fi
Thu Dec 15 14:11:23 CET 2005

Юрий Малий wrote:
> I want to add some devices and to change an Ethernet conroller in Ethernut2.1
> What changes must be done to the sources and configs?

In order to answer to your question, you must first explain what kind of
changes you are talking about.

Let's make an assumption that you are going to use currently not
supported Ethernet controller and other external devices.

First you have to design the PCB that would work with your controller.
Make sure you analyze what PORTs are used by address/data bus so you
don't run into problems with those. Almost all other ports are free to
be used. By studying the schematics given for the Ethernut 2.1 you can
see what ports are used for what. I think in the manual there is also
something written on those issues.

Then you need to write driver for that Ethernet controller. There are
couple of existing drivers in source tree that you can use as an example
how to write those. To do this, you must first understand how to control
this specific controller.

To use other external devices. Either you use them directly by altering
values on ports you have connected those devices directly from your
application code or you will write a driver for that. This is a bit
depending on what kind of devices we are talking about and how they are
used.

There are some examples in app directory that will allow you to modify
external port values over HTTP connection. Then there are different
drivers in dev directory that you can use as a skeleton to write new
drivers. From conf directory you can learn more how the actual nutconf
configuration system works. If you installed the docs, then you can also
information what it provides about the system.

Please present more exact questions what kind of issues you are having,
so they can be answered with more detail.