[En-Nut-Discussion] AD conversion resolution?

Nic Cave-Lynch nic at tymar.com
Thu Dec 15 20:27:08 CET 2005

Have to ignorantly throw in my 2c worth here.

First, if it's a pot and the internal ref, no calibration should be needed,
because the internal ref feeds the ADC as well as the pot: FSD == FSD no mater
what. (assuming that the internal ref _is_ feeding the ADC in this case.

Second: that big jump around 256: maybe coincidence, but I hate coincidences
that are a power of 2. Could it be something to do with being interrupted while
reading the ADC? having to read the high and low bytes in the correct order,
with nothing else going on in between?

I've used the ADC a lot in the Atmels, at times quite happily decimating to 12
bits resolution, and I've never had this sort of problem. These weren't using
NutOS, but it shouldn't make a difference if the ADC reading is done properly.

Nic C-L