[En-Nut-Discussion] compile error with winavr20050214 & nutos3.9.5

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Feb 21 20:46:02 CET 2005

>1. If I make my own pcb, how can I edit *****.conf
>     And What it means?

You don't. You use the Configurator to change the
settings and store the configuration under a different
name using "Save as...".

>C:/ethernut/nut/include/arch/avr.h:237:21: avr/twi.h: No such file or
>directory

That's a problem of avr-libc...anyway, you fixed it manually.

>C:/ethernut/nut/dev/spidigio.c: In function `SpiDigitalInit':
>C:/ethernut/nut/dev/spidigio.c:486: error: `SPIDIGIO_SIN_PORT' undeclared
>(first use in this function)
>C:/ethernut/nut/dev/spidigio.c:486: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
>reported only once
>C:/ethernut/nut/dev/spidigio.c:486: error: for each function it appears in.)
>C:/ethernut/nut/dev/spidigio.c:487: error: `SPIDIGIO_SIN_DDR' undeclared

Possibly an upgrade problem. Remove cfg/arch/avr.h from
your build tree (NOT THE SOURCE TREE).

>3. How can I edit configure menu?
>    Ex) Using UDP ENABLE -> DISABLE
>         Or other DISABLE TO ENALBE?

You mean the component tree, right? Either learn how to use
Lua (not really required) or use existing items in the .nut
files as a template. A simple example:

options =
{
   {
     macro = "DEFINE_ME",
     brief = "Define sample",
     description = "Blah blah",
     flavor = "boolean",
     file = "include/cfg/mydefs.h",
   }
}

If enabled, it will create

   #ifndef DEFINE_ME
   #define DEFINE_ME
   #endif

in include/cfg/mydefs.h in the build tree. Of course,
your code must make use of this macro.

If you intend to use 'UDP ENABLE' to remove UDP support:
This is not required. If your application doesn't use
UDP, then UDP will not be included.

(I know, this is wrong, because ipin.c requires udpin.c.
But that is another problem. The above sentence is correct
if you replace UDP by Ethernet or PPP. The original code
provided by Dave Hudson's Liquorice was correct by using
indirect calls on all layers and I spoiled it in the
very early Nut/OS.)