[En-Nut-Discussion] reliability of message queues

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Wed Feb 23 13:09:57 CET 2005

> Another possibility is to use two thread, each
> waiting on the specific event and let them post
> to a third event queue. For sure this creates the
> maximum overhead you can get. :-)

For shure ;-)

> NutEventWaitMultiple() seems to be the best solution.
> Not sure about its implementation. To speak with
> Mathias' voice: Under all circumstances we must avoid
> blowing up any critical sections.

I'll think about a concrete implementation the next days. That should'nt
be too hard. Hope we don't have to blow up the critical sections too
much. But first I have to study the NutOS thread concept again :-)

Bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19