[En-Nut-Discussion] high speed serial

Matthias Ringwald mringwal at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Jan 11 15:17:11 CET 2005

hi

I'm throwing in at least a multiply by 2 for the receive interrupts
as the avr has a byte deep fifo buffer for incoming bytes (which
is currently not used in nut/os drivers's but possible)

so you could calculate on one IRQ per 2 bytes.
yet, even with this, we're having problems
with nut/os other stuff, which is blocking any IRQ for a very long
time (as we're loosing a byte at 115200 at 7.238, even calculation for
3 byte FIFO would result in no interrupts during 300 us if I didn't make
a mistake )

so, my opinion is that, using current nut/os you will not need to reach
the limits of the avr. yet, I cannot tell you what has to be done,
altough
we are very much interested in hunting that problem down.

matthias