[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: En-Nut-Discussion] Duplicate ARPs (was: Time needed to get packet from RTL on ATmega128)

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at dfsoft.cz
Wed Jan 12 15:43:08 CET 2005

Hi Harald,

with Ethereal I can measure only time at RTL ethernet side. You can find
attached a piece of traffic capture. I do not know if this conference can
handle attachments, so I am sending a copy directly to you.

Initially every 30ms (but sometimes they are sending at 50us) there is an
ARP request.

Then Nut/OS requests with ARP, response in 0,2 ms. After 1 ms another ARP
request, response after 0,1 ms. SNMP trap after 0,23 ms, another one after
2,3 ms. Why 2nd ARP request after 1 ms ?

> >>From: Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de>
> >>
> >>What is the time difference between both sends?
>
>I have to insist on the answer to this question. :-)
>
>If your're using Ethereal, you can easily check
>the times including how much time it takes until
>the ARP response arrives.
>
>Harald

Dusan