[En-Nut-Discussion] Closing PPP properly

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jan 12 16:22:56 CET 2005

Eduardo,

I'd recommend to use devAhdlc, not devUart. Then make sure
to close devPPP only, not the UART device.

Closing the PPP device will finally result in

   _ioctl(uart_handle, HDLC_SETIFNET, 0);

The HDLC thread is still running, but in an idle loop
and not touching the UART input.

Now comes the tricky part. How to get the modem to
hangup and accept AT coomands? Also see
http://www.ethernut.de/en/nuttecnotes/ntn-1_ppp.html

I must confess, that we always reset the modem and reboot
Ethernut to establish a new connection. :-(

Harald