[En-Nut-Discussion] DHCP renewal

Joe Doubek jdoubek at control4.com
Fri Jan 14 18:17:41 CET 2005

Hello, I have a NutOS based product that uses 3.4.2. I have not updated
the stack because, with the exception of DHCP, version 3.4.2 OS is
working great for us and I hesitate to inject any new bugs. A big
limitation, however, is that with 3.4.2 DHCP renewal doesn't work
correctly. I.e. if I remember right you can't change the configured IP
address without a system reboot, meaning any DHCP renewal is a crapshoot
if a server goes down. I noticed Michel has made some DHCP bug fixes
that have been integrated into the stack, do these address the case
where a new address must be assigned by a DHCP server? Or does anyone
know of a way to shutdown and restart the network interface without
rebooting (I'm using UDP only, can I simply call NutNetIfSetup() again
with new parameters)? Thanks for any help!

Joe Doubek | Embedded Systems Engineer
Control4
11734 South Election Road, Suite 200
Salt Lake City, UT 84020