[En-Nut-Discussion] Strange reset behavio (sligthly OT)

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Jan 21 11:29:44 CET 2005

Hi Ole,

I do not think, that a reset controller is really required for
AVRs. (We learned, that for Ethernet controllers they are needed.)

At 11:14 21.01.2005 +0100, you wrote:

>In my eyes this works by accident, but I'm searching a REAL solution.

First guess: Did you provide a very good ground connection?
I mean, really good. With fast transients the ground levels
can easily float in the nanosecond range.

Adding coils to power supply lines is always a good idea.
You get best results with "stromkompensierte" coils. (ARRGH!
Usually I can't remember this German term, now I forgot the
English one.)