[En-Nut-Discussion] ARM board for Ethernut

Rick Collins ethernut at arius.com
Wed Jan 26 08:33:18 CET 2005

I am interesting in designing an Ethernut board using one of the AT91SAM7S
chips.  I see that there is currently no such board, but an ARM port is being
done using the Gameboy as a platform.   Searching the Ethernut archives is not
easy (unless I have missed something) and I don't see much info on the web site
indicating the current state of the ARM port.  Can anyone tell me the current
state of that effort?

I expect this board will use the SMSC LAN91C111 Ethernet chip, same as the
10/100 version of the AVR board.  It will also have a few features to make it
generally useful as an eval board such as push buttons, LEDs, USB port,
prototype area (0.1" grid holes and pads), couple of serial ports and of course
the JTAG interface.  I may build it on a PC/104 form factor and use an FPGA for
a PC/104 interface.

Do you think it will need any external memory?

Any other comments?

Rick Collins   rick.collins at arius.com
Arius, Inc     http://www.arius.com
4 King Ave     http://www.gnuarm.com