[En-Nut-Discussion] debugging (OT)

amit khandelwal khandelwal.amit at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 20:26:34 CET 2005

Hello,
     I want to debug a piece of code. I was reading up on the tools
that I can use and I found that I can use avrice/JTAGICE and avr-gdb
combo to debug my code. I haven't found any good documentation on how
to setup the framework so that I can do some debugging. Any
suggestions or pointers???

My setup -
Linux - Redhat 8.0
avr-gcc
avr-gdb
uisp

I want to test some simple codes like blinkin of LED etc and want to
see how it will look in the GDB framework. I know of ddd as a
graphical interface for gdb. Is there something for avr-gdb too???

I have'nt bought the the jtag device yet but will get it once I get
some inputs from you folks.

Thanks in advance!

Amit Khandelwal