[En-Nut-Discussion] Fwd: [btnode-development] Re: Nut errors!?

Matthias Ringwald mringwal at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Jul 6 19:23:49 CEST 2005

hi again,

I've just run Lukas original crash_times against my patch. There are
still problems.
But here, it looks like the main problem here is the NutDumtTimerList
function.

If there is a thread switch in NutDumtTimerList, which is very likey
if devUsart is
used instead of devDebug, then the pointer to the current list item
might get invalid
and anything can happen. This is because during the thread switch
elapsed/unused timers
are freed.

Using the Debug device, NutDumtTimerList works as expected.

Any ideas, if this is a bug?
If its not possible to prevent a thread switch (would this be a
helpful nut/os feature?)
and devUsart might cause a switch, I guess the only way to correctly
dump the timers list
is to make a copy before printing. Other ideas?

Matthias