[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: [btnode-development] Warnings when compiling NutOS unix emulation with gcc 4.0.1

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Tue Jul 12 16:03:30 CEST 2005

Hi Matthias and Harald,

> thanks for taking a look at the signedness /gcc 4.0 issue.
> actually, there has been another volunteer which did send a patch to
> correct all those.
>
> http://www.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2005-March/004106.html

Right. I had in mind that there just was a patch in the past.

> I did have a quick look but I'm not confident if the patch is good.
> E.g. it changes the THREADINFO td_name from u_char to char.
> I think its better the other way round, in functions calls that use
> td_name
> cast to (char).

Right. This could break a lot of apps perhaps. But on the other side
chars (readable characters) should always be char, right? Or have I
missed some architecture depending things?

So THREADINFO td_name should also be a char, right?

One should check every change of this patch carefully and should think
about adding the patch in the future. Casting is not a realy nice way.

For right now I changed back to gcc 3.3.6

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19