[En-Nut-Discussion] I need some hint - NutOS and ARM

TicTac tictac at irc.pl
Tue Jul 19 20:17:31 CEST 2005

I'm new on this mailing list so first I'd like to say helo to everyone!
I would like to use Nut/OS on LPC2138 Phillips ARM7TDMI microcontroller.
  I need just the base system (threads, context switching), timers and
UARTs to run BtNut bluetooth stack.
I tried to make NutOS run on my ARM, but it doesn't work :( As I need
only base system, I've made a bit simpler direcory structure containing
only the few files that I need. They can be found:
http://diablo.ict.pwr.wroc.pl/~pmelnaro/ethernut_lpc2138.tar
What changes are required in the Nut/OS in order to run it on my CPU ?
I have changed only:
arch/arm/os/nutinit.c - commented out at91 includes, commented out line
120 - setting hostname in confos structure

include/cfg/memory.h  - I've set memory size and start address
os/timer.c - I'm going to work on timer framework later, as soon as I
get the base system to work, so it's almost empty file

I've put Startup file and linker script in arch/arm. I've also made a
simple app that blinks LEDs. Before it can be compiled makedefs file
should be adjusted.
That is what I've done, now I'd like to ask if someone could kindly look
through my linker script, startup file and give me some hints how to get
it work ? I really need someones help ! My hardware is OK, its simply
LPC2138 and some leds. I can't figure out why NutInit can't create the
Idle thread and main app thread.

I would really appreciate any help !
Best regards,
Paul Melnarowicz