[En-Nut-Discussion] I need some hint - NutOS and ARM

TicTac tictac at irc.pl
Wed Jul 20 17:11:35 CEST 2005

 >Hello Paul,
 >
 >I'm already heading home (9:30 PM local time). Just >one note
 >in advance. The first thing is to get the timer >running.
 >This link may be helpful too:
 >http://www.ethernut.de/en/portarm/gbaxport2.html
 >
 >Harald

Thanks for reply :)
To get running timers first I need working context switching and it
still doesn't work for me.
May I ask what mode CPU should work in ?  My starup code leaves with CPU
im system mode, disabled irqs. If I change NutThreadCreate() in
arch/arm/os/thread.h so that it runs in system mode
(sf->csf_cpsr =  0x1F|0x80|0x40;//0xD3;
 sf->csf_spsr = 0x1F|0x80|0x40;// 0xD3;)
and comment out first "asm volatile..." instruction in NutThreadSwitch
the nutidle and main threads works and my LED blinks ;) Why putting any
instruction before thread_start global label makes NutOS hang ?
I'm a bit confused with this context switching mechanism ;)
Best regards,
Paul Melanrowicz