[En-Nut-Discussion] How to use avarice

Marcel Bariou nut.dev at brasnah.com
Sat Jul 30 16:40:12 CEST 2005

Hello everybody,

I install cygwin, I create and populate /dev with a specific script. /dev/com1 exists but I can't grab it by a ls -al, but only by a ls -al /dev/com1.

I recompile avarice with cygwin

I create /dev/avrjtag as a symbolic lnk to /dev/com1.

When I start avarice each time it fails to synchronize to JTAG, avarice doesn't see JTAG. I try different connection speed 1 MHz, 500 KHz... it fails
Certainly I'm wrong somewhere... Thanks for some good recommandations to setup avarice correctly.

Marcel