[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS Device Control Block errors.

Grahame M. Kelly grahame at wildpossum.com
Wed Jun 1 13:11:19 CEST 2005

Hi Ernst.

I have deleted all content to give a test program (basically all stubs).
Now I only now get the following make error which has me still perplexed on
why gcc doesn't see &dcb_term predetermined.

Rearraging both DCB and DIT did remove a lot of the original undeclared
errors, as the device structure block(s) now don't require function
prototyping.

Any suggestions on how to fix the dcb_term undeclared problem?

gmkelly at glider:~/ethernut/nut/app/NutLCD> make
avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega128 -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-ahlms=nutlcd.lst
-D__HARVARD_ARCH__  -I../../include  nutlcd.c -o nutlcd.o
nutlcd.c:100: error: `dcb_term' undeclared here (not in a function)
nutlcd.c:100: error: initializer element is not constant
nutlcd.c:100: error: (near initialization for `devLcd20.dev_dcb')
nutlcd.c:116: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
make: *** [nutlcd.o] Error 1

Much thanks.