[En-Nut-Discussion] Applications

Dave ethernut at wormfood.org
Sat Jun 4 09:19:47 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 10:17 -0400, amit khandelwal wrote:
> Hello,
>      I was wondering if some can tell me where is Nut/OS used in the
> real world applications. Anyone using it to for incorporatin Nut/OS in
> vending machine or something similar which can then be used to connect
> to the LAN of the school or something like that.
>
> Thanks,
> Amit Khandelwal

Hi Amit,
   I just deployed 6 to 8 ethernut based devices in the real world, not
too far from you, in Ocala. I also expect to go to south Florida to
install 2 more in the near future. My ethernut based devices connect,
via the network (of course), to a web server running asp or php (or
whatever you want). More details an pics available upon request.
   When I'm doing various stuff with my ethernut board, I try to see
places where it could be used in a vending machine application. About
6-7 years ago, when I was first getting into microcontrollers, one of my
customers said he wanted something to connect his vending machine to the
internet, that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Next time a customer asks
me about something like that, I can most likely offer them a solution,
because of the ethernut and Nut/OS.

-Dave