[En-Nut-Discussion] patch on 3.9.5 and Gcc-avr on Debian

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sun Jun 5 10:12:23 CEST 2005

Jean-Marc,

>The change is on #include <avr/twi.h> in nutinit.c, with the
>new #include <compat/twi.h>, no problems

This change in avr-lib breaks every application, which
used twi.h. I copied it back to avr/twi.h, where it had
been before.

>The problem is due to optimizer, so i change -Os to -O1 in
>CPFLAGS  = $(MCFLAGS) -O1 -Wall -Werror -Wstrict-prototypes
>-Wa,-ahlms=$(<F:.c=.lst) $(DEFS) in Makedefs.avr-gcc file

This is a known GCC bug. As you're running Debian,
I'd suggest to upgrade to Nut/OS 3.9.6. It contains
a workaround. I tested this on Debian too. Do not
miss to follow
http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/enswm23e.pdf