[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: PPP GPRS Connection - URL Request Problem - SUCCESS!

Tim Strafford mail at tim.strafford.org.uk
Wed Jun 8 22:50:19 CEST 2005

Thanks Vesa, you were correct in that my ISP does indeed require
connection via their proxy server. I have now successfully retrieved a
page from the internet!

Being new to how proxy servers work, I had to do some research. The
following may be of interest to anyone suffering from the same problem I
did. If you find you need to connect through a proxy server, you'll need
the proxy server name (or IP address) and port number. Use these instead
of the INETSERVER and INETSERVERPORT (in the case of the inetq.c example).
Then, in place of INETURL simply enter what you would in a browser address
bar e.g. "http://www.egnite.de/".

The ethernut will create a socket to the proxy server and send the HTTP
request straight to that. The proxy server will handle the URL HTTP GET
over the internet, and return the result to the ethernut.