[En-Nut-Discussion] Low level timer functions

Vesa Jääskeläinen chaac at nic.fi
Fri Jun 10 15:33:37 CEST 2005

Ole Reinhardt wrote:
> If you'r just working on the timers. I have not realy understood, why
> the minimum timer resolution of the current NutOS is 62.5 ms. Could'nt
> this be speeded up? Do we need the external crystal to clock timer 0 or
> woul'nt it be ok to only calculate the crystal frequency and let our
> clock run with only internal clocked timer0. Or even: Could'nt we run
> the system timer on timer1 for example to gain a more fine granular
> timer? I just was in need of shorter timeouts for several times.

I don't exactly know where in the code depends on 62.5ms, but I would
also like to this be configurable. I have one project where it would be
a good idea to have /2 for it, but I didn't try to modify it back then
as I wasn't sure what would be broken by changing it.

Does anyone know are there any code pieces in Nut/OS depending on this
one?...

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen