[En-Nut-Discussion] Design based around the ethernut1.3g

Richard Dawodu r at dawodur.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 21:27:58 CEST 2005

Hello All,
I have just designed a hardware around the ethernut 1.3g hardware and I an
using Nut/OS 3.9.5.1 but have the following problems:

when I upload "basemon.c" to my target hardware so as to test it, I observed
that it does everything the an actual ethernut 1.3g hardware will do but I
observed that it always hangs just after this following messages when used
with option X.

Press any of the following keys:
    B - Send broadcasts
    E - Ethernet controller read/write
    J - Jump to bootloader
    S - SRAM read/write
    X - Exit BaseMon, configure network and start WebServer

MAC address (000698000055):
Host name (ethernut):
IP address (192.168.2.4):
Net mask (255.255.255.0):
Default route (192.168.2.1):

FREEZE/HANGS !!!!!!!

when I upload "tcp.c" it hangs after a successfully connection at the
message "200 Welcome to tcps. Type help to get help.\r\n" however my target
hardware replies to a ping ok.

Carefully observation show that it hangs when it executes nut/net function
such as NutRegisterDevice(&devEth0, 0x8300, 5) but surprisingly in all cases
mention in this email all the hex code that does not work on my target
hardware works ok on the actual ethernut 1.3g hardware. Yes I know the
hardware it means the hardware is different but I have checked everything
against the published circuit diagram and found no difference.

In summary I believe everything work ok because I have wrote diagnosis
program to test the 256K RAM, ATMRGA128 processor etc but it seems the
interaction between the processor and the RTL8019AS is unreliable.

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you
Rich