[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC - Redesigning Timer Interrupt Processing

Vesa Jääskeläinen chaac at nic.fi
Sun Jun 12 20:35:41 CEST 2005

Hi,

Aren't we preparing for another major revision of the software ?

Because this would be best place to introduce new API's and remove
obsolete ones. Of course users would need to know how to rewrite old
code based on old API's.

So I would propose if Ole and Harald could meet together and design new
timer API's. They could change a bit. In my opinion it would be a good
spot to remove old compatibility if new system is superior one.

If there are some other obsolete API's this would be great time to
remove them too. Perhaps some API names could also be renamed at this
point if there is a need.

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen