[En-Nut-Discussion] Watchdog maybe and nutos 3.9.5

Brett Abbott Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
Mon Mar 21 21:26:30 CET 2005

Hi

I think Im doing something quite wrong and would appreciate any feedback...

When I enable the watchdog at 2.1 seconds, Im finding that the system is
reseting itself in much shorter timeframe - and the MCUCSR flags are not
showing watchdog reset (or any reset)....  If I remove the watchdog
enable line, the code runs without issue.  When I say reset, the code
just goes to 0x0000 without warning (albiet at about the elapsed time
after startup),

Im using: Ethernut 2b.  ICVAVR (v6).  NutOS 3.9.5.  Code compressor on,

The reset also occurs in the AVR simulator so I dont suspect hardware!
I believe it is a reset of sorts as the AVR simulator resets the
stopwatch.  It appears to be in a NutDelay loop at the time although
this changes if I alter the code - it appears to reset at a certain
point in time.  Not using Ethernet, just uarts.  Ive placed checkpoints
on each of the interupt vectors using the simulator and dont think other
interupts are at fault.  I havent checked if the PC is "wrapping" from
end of memory.

Any ideas ? (please)
Thankyou
Brett

Brett Abbott, Managing Director, Digital Telemetry Limited
Email: Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
PO Box 24 036 Manners Street, Wellington, New Zealand
Phone +64 (4) 5666-860  Mobile +64 (21) 656-144
------------------- Commercial in confidence --------------------