[En-Nut-Discussion] PATCH: build fixes for MacOSX native

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Fri Mar 25 00:55:33 CET 2005

Matthias Ringwald wrote:

> I've added the pattern rules for Makerules.unix-gcc
> and fixed the unistd.h issue using macros to rename
> the nut/os unistd functions to NUT_ ...

A much better solution, thanks.

>>- in my opinion, all the pattern rules in Makerules.*
>>  should be written as "%.o : %.c" rather than "%o : %c",
>>  otherwise they don't replace the builtin pattern rules
>>  of GNU make;
>
> Hm. On my machine, everything is build (using Nut/OS
> headers, so the custom rules are used). Do you have
> problems with this on your machine ?

Can't remember the details.  The rule for compiling
C++ sources was missing, so the builtin rule kicked
in.  I added a "%o : %cc" pattern rule, but make
kept using its default rule until I changed it to

I'm using GNU make 3.80.

> What are those other fixes for ?
> On my mac os x I run configure ; make without problems.

GCC complained about these signed/unsigned comparison.

I have Apple's GCC 3.3 (20030304) from the latest public
version of Xcode.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/