[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut TCP hangs

Michael.Smola at infineon.com Michael.Smola at infineon.com
Wed Mar 30 15:39:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm using an ethernut board for a long time as Ethernet-Server.

It is running well over a very long period without any problem (last
known good OS: Nut/OS 3.4.1.1).
The application is based on the http server sample. I've added some more
threads to service the uart(s) and a SNTP
client.
======================
Problem:
To keep my board up-to-date I tried to upgrade to Nut/OS 3.9.1 some
weeks ago.

Result: I discovered that after several minutes of heavy load on the TCP
channel, the connection to ethernet is lost
           until a reset is performed.

It seems, that only the TCP stack fails, the remaining threads (UART,
SNTP, watchdog ...) are running, so that diagnostic messages sent
over the UART are transmitted correctly. Only the http thread seems to
hang!?
=======================

After that I switched back to 3.4.1.1 and everything was fine again
(rock solid in a very high traffic session running several hours).

In the latest ethernut discussion group posts I read that similar
problems were discovered by other parties and that you
worked on it. Finally I got the impression, that you fixed the problem.
So I tried to use 3.9.5 pre.

Result: Unfortunately it almost has the same behavior as with 3.9.1 ->
Freeze of the TCP after several minutes of intensive traffic.

Question: Is your fix for the problem you discussed with  Bernd Walter,
Dusan Ferbas, Roman in thread: [TCP stops working after some time]
included in the 3.9.5 pre ?

thx in advance

M.Smola
Munich