Scheduling (was: Re: [En-Nut-Discussion] High Speed timer)

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Thu May 12 20:23:41 CEST 2005

Hi All,

for what I found out by now we have a latency of about 64ms from the
NutEventPostFromIrq until the thread will run again. Far too much for
me.

I just set NUT_CPU_FREQ to my value (16000000) but this only helps me a
little bit. Not I can start a async timer with NutTimerStart with a
resolution of 1ms, but there is still a 64ms delay until the sleeping
thread will be woken up.

For me it looks like the 62.5 ms system tick. Can anybody explain me
what's going wrong or where to search to speed up the system ticks?

What I have not understood yet is how the signalling internaly works.

I call NutEventPostFromIrq. This will mark the wait queue signaled. But
witch routine will do the sceduling?

Big question mark above my head...

Best regards,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19