[En-Nut-Discussion] Multiline LCD: How to write on second line?

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Tue May 24 12:49:22 CEST 2005

Hi!

> According to the datasheet the memory address of the 2nd line should be
> 0x40. For more information (and the datasheet) about the display I'm using
> see http://www.voti.nl/winkel/catalog.html?LCD-10
>
> I've tried to send a very long string (80 or more chars) to the display, but
> nothing appears on the second line. Maybe this is an issue with the LCD
> itself and not the software or Ethernut board... I'll contact the shop where
> I've bought this LCD, maybe they have an answer.

Ok! Next question: Could you please send me the init sequence written in
the datasheet? Perhaps your display is not initialized correctly. The
second line is not available after power on. You have to enable it
during the init sequence.

I'll send you a nice explanation how these display work by private
mail...

Regards,

Ole

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19