[En-Nut-Discussion] bootloader patches submitted for approval

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu May 26 17:13:51 CEST 2005

Dave,

Probably avr-gcc 3.4.3 provides better code optimization.

 From experience with the LAN91C111 bootloader I'm sure,
that there is some potential to optimize the code.
It's just 40 bytes overflow. Because of PHY initialization,
the LAN91C111 bootloader needs more functions, but fits
in 4094 bytes (using gcc 3.3.1).

I'd not like to force everyone to upgrade the compiler.
Specially in existing commercial projects this might be
a big problem.

For now we can leave it as it. If someone wants to
build this very special part of the distribution, he
may upgrade the compiler.

Harald