[En-Nut-Discussion] DHCP: IP addr & hostnm not set in CONFNET & CONFOS structures when using DHCP

Sander Smeenk sandersmeenk at hotmail.com
Mon May 30 10:53:37 CEST 2005

DHCP: IP address & hostname not set in CONFNET & CONFOS structures when
using DHCP

Hello,

I don't know if this is a bug, or whether I'm doing something wrong here.
I'm using Nut/Os version: 3.9.5.1 pre and WinAVR version: 2004-0720

When I use the following code:

<code>
	// Force NutDhcpIfConfig to use DHCP by clearing previous settings

	confnet.cdn_cip_addr		= 0;
	confnet.cdn_ip_mask		= 0;
	confnet.cdn_gateway		= 0;
	memset( &confos.hostname, 0, sizeof(confos.hostname) );

	if (NutDhcpIfConfig("eth0", my_mac, 60000))
	{
	  // print error ...
	}

	else
	{
	  // print ok ...
	}

</code>

Then the 'network mask' and the 'standard gateway' are set in the CONFNET
structure,
BUT the ip address and hostname are not set in CONFNET and CONFOS
structures.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong here?

I included my initialization functions with the mail. In my main function, I
call Eth0_Init () to start the initialization.

Thanx in advance :)

Sander Smeenk