[En-Nut-Discussion] ethernet connection down / Ethernut TCP hangs

Guborev Sergei dezzer at nm.ru
Tue Nov 8 23:50:19 CET 2005

>I looked thru the threads and found:

>http://www.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2005-April/004175.html
>http://www.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2005-February/003882.html
>
>I have the same problem.
>
>Using about the same source as the httpserv.c
>I have a webpage/cgi with the tag below:
><HTML><HEAD><meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="1"></head><BODY>
>
>This way the browser requests the webpage every 1/sec.
>The page it requests contains just some bytes of text.
>
>The server workes fine for 1-4 hours and then just stops responding.
>The LEDs on the board still looks active and blinks.
>
>To be able to connect to the board again via http i have to reset the board.
>
>I use:
>Software: 3.9.8
>Hardware: 2.1 rev:B
>
>Are there any good solution to this?

The same problem. I think solution is still unavailable. Reasons too. I made some tests and noticed that hang time is heavily depends on traffic. Then I've tried to connect to server and send message every 100 ms it hangs very very fast: just 10-20 minutes. With time interval 500ms hanging come only after few hours of work. Maybe it some problems with TCP stack? Or maybe I've missed something in TCP/Ethernet controller  initialization? There was opinions that with 3.4.1 all was OK. Really? Appreciate any suggestions.

    With respect, Sergei.