[En-Nut-Discussion] reclaiming PE0 and PE1 from uart0

Peter Gaskell pgaskell at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Nov 16 01:15:10 CET 2005

I've discovered i DO need to redirect the stdout from the uart, as the
ethernut hangs if there is no

	freopen("uart0", "w", stdout);

or if that uart device was not registered.

	NutRegisterDevice(&devUart0, 0, 0);

so i added the nut/dev/null from the cvs, but i am using Nut/OS 3.4.2
stable
and I get

../ethernut/nut/dev/null.c:163: warning: initialization from
incompatible pointer type
../ethernut/nut/dev/null.c:164: warning: initialization from
incompatible pointer type

when i try to compile the code with the null device.

all i am trying to do is reclaim the io pins PE0 and PE1 (really just
PE1)
i've set the ddr register, and all that seams to stand in my way is
this hanging when the stdout is undefined or the uart0 is not
registered.  Is there somewhere else i can send the stdout without
adding /dev/null.c? if not what do i need to change in null.c to make
it work with my version?

cheers,
peter